[Fwd: Windows Serial Ports]

John Massingham johnm@lsil.com
Fri Apr 10 01:59:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

Sorry if you have seen this before, but I haven't got a reply
(not even a copy of the message as I recall) so am wondering
if this message actually made it to the mailing list....

regards

John

To : GnuWin32 List <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
Subject : Windows Serial Ports
>From : John Massingham <johnm at lsil dot com>
Date : Mon, 06 Apr 1998 12:12:32 +0100

Hi All,

Has anyone tried talking to the serial ports under gnuwin32?

If so, how did you do it, can you make use of mscomm.dll etc
in order to have access to MS comm classes eg comm1.port = 1
or can you just write directly to the hardware at address
0x3F8 for example?

Any help greatly appreciated, I have come this far with
gnu-win32 (which I think is great) and don't want to have to
fall back to Micro$loth at the last hurdle!!

cheers

John