RPC

Tim Newsham newsham@lava.net
Mon Apr 6 19:00:00 GMT 1998

> Hi:
>     I'm trying to port some RPC apps, so do you know if gnucygnus has
> all the necesary files, or what do I need to make some RPC's in Win NT??
>
>         Thank you very much

You will have to get the RPC libraries and build them.  This will
involve some header file tweaks to things like <sys/types.h> (either
that or tweaking the rpc libraries headers).  Then you will
have to build rpcgen.  You will probably have to comment out
get getrpcby*() stuff in one of the cygwin headers as it conflicts
with (at least 1 versions of) the rpc libraries.

I think RPC libraries would be a good target for eventual inclusion
in the cygnus release (most systems ship with RPC libraries these
days).

>   Carlos del Castillo Peralta.
>   castillo@colossus.rhon.itam.mx

                                      Tim N.