symlinks don't work on samba mounted dir

Michael Hirmke mh@mike.franken.de
Mon Apr 6 19:00:00 GMT 1998

Sergey Okhapkin [sos@buggy.prospect.com.ru] wrote:

>Stuart Adams wrote:
>> Symlinks don't seem to work on a remote (samba)
>> mounted file system. If I do ln -s a b, then say cat b
>> I get !<symlink>a.
>>

>Symlinks are marked with "system" file attribute. Samba doesn't support this
>attribute.

Samba doesn't support it directly, but you can "create mask =" in your
smb.conf file, which can give the desired results.
Perhaps "map system =" or something like that is necessary, too.

>--
>Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-