b19: Sh configure Win 95

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:09:00 GMT 1998

Hi Tim,

1) Get the updates from Sergey Okhapkin.  (See URL list below)

2) Make sure that CYGWIN32 environment variable contains "binmode" in
its list of values.

3) Make sure that your filesystem is mounted text=binary.
   A) to find out execute the "mount" command with no arguments
   B) to change the mount
      a) cd cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
      b) umount /  (or any other mounted directory)
      c) mount -b c:/ /
         OF IMPORTANCE: when remounting the root "/" directory do not
issue any command except the mount command
after the umount command.

4) You may need to:
   A) cd cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
   B) rm sh.exe
   C) cp bash.exe sh.exe

5) Have a look at the other URL's in the list.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com