installation

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:33:00 GMT 1997

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:27:32 +0100
>From: kai <kai@globalnet.co.uk>
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: installation
>
>help!
>
>I have bought a book which contains cygnus beta17, I am not sure if it
>is supported, but i am having real trouble installing it. I can put it
>all onto my hard drive, but after that, I have no idea what to run , do
>what or whatever. Everything that I open say something like error, do
>something else. The book is by SAMS PUBLISHING, "teach yourself C++ in
>24hrs. (yeah right). I have read all the notes and there is nothing
>telling you to do what. There is nothing to say which files are the
>compilers, debuggers, linkers and so on. Where the hell is everything?
>This just stupid.

Let me first point you to some important documents:

Read the README.txt and faq.txt file located at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/ .

Then take a look at the http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 web page.
This is the mail list archive and you will be able to find the answers
to many questions.

Goodluck,

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-