bash performance not so gooood

Khosla, Deepak DKhosla@Compaq.com
Wed Sep 17 11:22:00 GMT 1997

Hi,
Just some comparison numbers on a large script I ran on Windows NT 4.0
SP3 using some different packages:

Gnuwin bash	- 2 mins 20 secs
MKS ksh	- 2 mins 0 secs
ATT UWIN ksh -  0 mins 20 secs

Any opinions as to why?
Also, the CPU utilization was extremely high and memory usage by the
sh.exe (sometimes several probably where there are pipes in the
script) was around 5-6Mb each! Not a pretty sight.

I was running on dual 200MHz Pentium with 128MB ram.
Gnuwin32 B18 with the coolview patch (same performance without
patch).

Any ideas since at this performance, I would have to buy the UWIN
package and I would prefer not doing it....

Regards

Deepak Khosla
281-514-9234
Deepak.Khosla@compaq.com