CONTINUING Elementary Problems with Find

GBradfor GBradfor@fhssmtp.redstone.army.mil
Wed Oct 22 07:51:00 GMT 1997

     Thanks to all who responded to my first post.  Yes, indeed, it was the
     Windows version of find that was causing my problem.  However,
     correcting this problem has revealed another.  Again, it is probably
     newbie in nature, but your assistance is appreciated.

     Taking my initial command line:
        find . -name *.c -print

     gives the following error:
        find:  Paths must precede expression
        Usage:  find [path...] [expression]

     Just to check things out, I got into bash and checked my pwd
     (/gnu_src/cdk/winsup), and I entered this absolute address into the
     command line.  No luck, same error.

     Suggestions?

     Thanks again for your patience and your help.

     /s/
     Pat Bradford