What about RSXNT instead of cygwin32???

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard@kubism.ku.dk
Thu Oct 16 17:15:00 GMT 1997

Geoffrey Noer <noer@cygnus.com> writes:

> > Yes, I've tried that and it certainly seems to be a class act,
> > although not as ambitious as cygwin32.
>
> From what I have heard, RSXNT sounds like it does significantly
> less but isn't beta quality.  I've also heard that nobody is actively
> maintaining RSXNT -- anyone know differently?

As far as I can tell, the author is still around, but hasn't posted
anything on the net since the summer holidays. The current version is
from March 97, so it's not exactly rapidly changing, but it's probably
a bit early to declare it dead.

What you may have heard is what I've also seen on dejanews, namely
that Rainer Schnitker at some point abandoned RSXWIN *in favor of*
RSXNT.

BTW. It's probably fair to mention that also RSXNT has strings
attached when it comes to commercial development.

~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907
-