Simple chroot using chdrive

dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 28 15:56:00 GMT 1997

Hi Alex, you wrote:

: While it may be a security issue, or flawed in many respects, this is how
: Unix works.  If the goal of cygwin.dll is to emulate Unixish functions,
: chdrive isn't what is being looked for.  Chroot() incidentally can only
: be used by the super-user.

I agree with you! I meant to say it would be a security issue if
half-heartedly implemented under gnuwin32. And I forgot it needs
'appropriate privileges', which brings me to the question of how to
implement suid programs under gnuwin32 savely... Any ideas?

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-