raw floppy access

Daniel Roche dan@lectra.fr
Wed Nov 12 01:19:00 GMT 1997

> >Hello,
> >
> >I have just install gnuwin32/b18 version on my NT , it is great !
> >but i have a problem to access raw floppy (with tar or dd)
> >
> >when typing : tar tvf /dev/fd0
> >i can see the floppy led flashing but i get :
> >tar: Cannot open /dev/fd0: No such file or directory
> >
> >the mount command give :
> >\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
> >\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
> >\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
> >\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
> >c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary
> >
> >is there something else to configure to make this working ?
> >
> >excuse me if this question was already posted , but i can not find the respons
> >if the two last month of mailing list archive !
>
> Two things I suggest.
>
>   1. Remount all filesystems as binary (mount -b).  Reinstall or remove
>      carriage returns from all login/script files.

i just try to mount /dev/fd0 as binary,
and now when i try to tar tvf /dev/fd0, i get :

tar: Cannot open /dev/fd0: Not super-user

but i am logged as admin !

I have also try to do mkpasswd and mkgroup and modify the passwd file
to put the UID 0 , so that the 'id' command say that i am root

but i have still the Not super-user error message !

Any idea for this ?

Thank by advance .