Focus-follows-mouse on NT?

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Mon Nov 10 08:55:00 GMT 1997

> Can I get focus-follows-mouse behavior on an NT 4.0 box?
> Even worse is the window with focus always being on top.
> Is it possible to at least disable the bring-to-top-on-focus behavior?

  I do not know whether you can have "auto-rise" on NT or
"do-not-bring-focused-window-to-top" unless you have "focus-follows-mouse"
on, but that you can have. Aside from the mentioned TweakUI-package, try the
following registry setting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\ActiveWindowTracking and set it to 1 or
2. As I remember it 1 will be "focus-follows-mouse" and 2 will add auto-rise
to that. I'm not certain of the latter.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|
		| pgp-key: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/pgp.txt	|