Win 95 console business

Robert Praetorius RPraetorius@AspenRes.Com
Wed Nov 5 06:36:00 GMT 1997

> And if you think that gcc can compete with VC++, you have something coming
> to you. Unless there is a free visual user interface creation tool out
> there too bolt onto it.

	http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/amulet/amulet3
	/manual/Gilt.html#1031649

for one.  (Having not used it, I can't speak to the quality or
versatility of it, it's just wunna those things I happened upon while
grepping the web for something else. . .)  I would be surprised if
there are not others.  And

	http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/ddd/

is a pretty nice visual debugger, although I haven't heard of any
attempts to port it to a cygwin32 environment.

     This is not so say these have the same level of slickness or
integration as commercial tools (although DDD is pretty darn nice),
just that there are PD alternatives (with sources available).

"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson    Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley    work: RPraetorius@AspenRes.Com
(attribution by Stigler)     fun & recreation: rmp@PopJ1.MA.UltraNet.Com
-