which libs to link

Pavel Tzekov paveltz@csoft.bg
Tue Nov 4 00:18:00 GMT 1997

Hi there!

----------
From: 	Thomas Nichols[SMTP:thomas.nichols@mail.com]
Sent: 	01 Íîåìâðè 1997 ã. 17:12
To: 	gnu-win32@cygnus.com
Subject: 	RE: which libs to link

2-minute questions: which lib has GeWindowTask? I'm also having problems
with strlwr but I think it's because of a #undef

Thanks very much to all those who've offered fast and practical advice.
Beats any commercial compiler's support hands down.

Take a look at the following info. It's taken from the MSVC++ 4.2 help pages.
Hope it'll help you!

The GetWindowTask function is not implemented in the WIn32 API.
To maintain compatibility with 16-bit applications, GetWindowTask has been replaced with a macro that calls GetWindowThreadProcessId. Earlier applications can continue to call GetWindowTask as previously documented, but new applications should use GetWindowThreadProcessId.

Remarks
GetWindowTask is defined as returning a value with a HANDLE data type. GetWindowThreadProcessId returns a value with a DWORD data type. The macro that maps GetWindowTask to GetWindowThreadProcessId includes a cast to HANDLE, as follows:
#define GetWindowTask(hwnd) \\
    ((HANDLE) GetWindowThreadProcessId(hwnd, NULL))

-