ncurses/termcap, just won't clear the screen?

eric hilton esh124@email.psu.edu
Thu May 22 01:49:00 GMT 1997

> From:          kunglao@prairienet.org
> I've just rebuilt termcap & ncurses, that went fine.  But now I'm
> trying to run some of the test programs that ncurses has.  And it
> appears that it just cannot erase the screen.  The curses is set to
> the top of the window, but all the text is still there.  I've tried a
> few different things for my TERM env variable, linux, ansi, pc-ansi,
> vt100,  etc.  They all behaved the same.

Check your /etc/termcap file to see if you have the updated one.
Basic term abilities seem to work now. I got rogue compiled and
working just fine. (Although I didn't use ncurses, it comes with a
toned down curses implementation)

Try this:

#include <stdio.h>
int
main()
{
	printf("\033[2J");
}

Compile and run it, if it clears the screen your term has the
properties of a proper terminal.

BTW my $TERM is ansi. I set it in autoexec.bat. I seem to recall when
I used linux term it didnt clear my screen either.

-e
-