Fix to readline for case-insensitive file-name completion

Guy Gascoigne - Piggford ggp@informix.com
Wed May 21 07:51:00 GMT 1997

At 07:07 PM 5/20/97 -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
>I too generally prefer case-sensitive completion. It's the same behaviour
>as Unix and, perhaps I'm weird (no, make that "different"), but I almost
>always know the case of my filenames. Even if I don't remember, I can hit
><TAB> before I type any characters and bash shows me the possible
completions.

Well just to show that this discussion isn't completely one sided :-) I'd
have to say that I'm quite in favour of case-insensitive file name completion.

Having moved to NT quite a while ago, I've got used to the case-ignorance
of the file system and as I use the cygwin tools to enhance NT rather than
simply mimic UNIX I have absolutely no problem if there are features here
that are only really going to be of interest under NT.

Perhaps this behaviour could be dependant upon the value of a shell
variable or setting?

Guy

--
Guy Gascoigne - Piggford (ggp@informix.com)
Software Engineer, Informix Software, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)

-