GNU-Win32 m68K cross compiler

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege@mail.mococo.nl
Tue May 20 06:03:00 GMT 1997

On 26 Apr 1997 06:44:22 GMT
dje@cygnus.com (Doug Evans) wrote:

> Jan Ove Etterlid (joe@datasalg.no) wrote:
> > Is there anyone who can give me a list of the steps I have to go to
> > build a GNU-Win32 gcc cross compiler, assembler and linker which can
> > produce  m68k coff format executable files, running on Win NT 3.51
> > pentium PC?
> You may wish to check out the crossgcc FAQ.

I did that but didn't find the answers needed for a cross-compiler like
this:
--host=i386-cygwin32 --target=m68k-amiga{d}os

The binutils compile fine and it has only minor problems trying to
install the documentation (guide/info), that is no problem since i have
it on my Amiga.
The problem is with compiling gcc itself.
The cygwin32 distribution doesn't know about m68k-amiga{d}os and the
Amiga distribution doesn't know about cygwin32 (files involved are:
config.sub and config.guess). Simply exchanging them doesn't work.
So I have directions from both environments on how to make a crosscompiler
but with an dependency that is like a chicken and egg problem.

Anyone make a m68k target with cygwin32 as a host?

Can anyone help me a bit in the right direction on solving this?

Thanks for any help given,

Joop

-