gnu-win32 mount and nt-emacs

Dr Francis J. Wright F.J.Wright@qmw.ac.uk
Thu Jun 12 17:18:00 GMT 1997

Anand Palaniswamy wrote:

> NT-Emacs doesn't understand the mounts made with the gnu-win32 mount
> command.

That's because the precompiled versions are not compiled with the Cygnus
compiler, and I'm not aware that anyone has succeeded in doing so yet.

> Longer explanation:
>         For instance,
>                 bash$ mount c:/users/anandp /anandp
>         followed by
>                 C-x C-f /anandp/foobar.java RET
>         doesn't open c:/users/anandp/foobar.java
>
> Is there a workaround? Or should I be asking some nt-emacs list?

Just use the normal full DOS/Windows paths, except that you can use /
instead of \.  The NT Emacs mailing list is
"ntemacs-users@cs.washington.edu", but it appears that there is a fair
amount of overlap in membership of the two lists.

Francis
-