DLL's for use with other languages..

Gunther Ebert gunther.ebert@ixos-leipzig.de
Thu Jun 12 06:38:00 GMT 1997

Hi,

the problem might be that you haven't declared your dll functions
as _stdcall (using the WINAPI or STDCALL macro).

If the prototypes of your dll functions look like

int foo();

they have to be changed to

int WINAPI foo();

Note that you have to #include <windows.h> to use
the WINAPI macro.

Hope this helps,
Gunther

J Russell Smyth wrote:

> Hello all..
>
>   I am new to GNU-WIN32 and to windows C/C++ programming in general,
> though fairly competent C programmer in DOS/UNIX. What I want to know is
> can GNU-WIN32 or cygwin32 create dll's that can be used by Visual Basic?
> I have tried some small dll's and tested with C drivers which works ok,
> but when I try to use with VisBasic I get one of several errors..
>
>    unable to find function in dll
>    invalid call (help makes ref to pascal calling convention)
>
> I have tried using cygwin32, mingw32, and also lcc.. all pass the C
> driver test, but all fail the VB test
>
> any help would be appreciated..
>
>    Russ Smyth
>    jrussell@voicenet.com