editors porting question?

Gilligan _kunglao@prairienet.org
Tue Jul 15 04:10:00 GMT 1997

Timothy Phan wrote:
>   I've posted several time on the porting of Unix editors to the
>   Cygnus B18 with no replied so far.  I'm trying again and see if
>   anyone could help me out.
>
>   I've tried to build the 'vile' and 'vim' using only the b18 library
>   and development tools.  Both were build OK but neither can run
>   properly.
>
>   I just like to know if anyone out here has built any Unix editors
>   such as the above and others with the cygnus b18 (or b17).
>
>   Thanks!

I've built jed, and runs quite smoothly.  I have tried a cygwin compiled
vim, and in a regular console window it didn't refresh the screen
properly.  For example, if I deleted a line with dd, the line was still
on the screen.  But saving the file showed that it was deleted.  Kudos
go to Sergey for working with rxvt - run these programs in that and vim
& jed behave perfectly.  So it looks like we've still got a few term
bugs to work out.  Though rxvt's -ls option doesn't seem to load the
.bashrc up like I want :).

--
Due to the abundance of spamming, action has been taken.  Please remove
the