CygWin32 and djgpp

Marc Mandel mmandel@sunflowr.usd.edu
Fri Jul 11 11:51:00 GMT 1997

> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Ian MacArthur wrote:
>
> > But I have djgpp v2.01 installed and running quite nicely, so I was
> > *concerned* about the possibility of *interactons*, given that both have
> > implementations of make, diff, binutils, textutils, sh-utils, etc, and both
> > will be on my path (Win95 setup here.)

While you didn't say whether you were running win95 or winnt, here is
something that will work for winnt.

Some months back I had the same situation.  I had been running djgpp, had
downloaded cygnus and wanted to start using it _without_ breaking djgpp.
Since I was running winnt, I simply created two additonal accounts, djgpp
and cygnus. Each of these accounts had the appropriate paths, etc for the
corresponding package.

Regards,

marc mandel

-