gnu code on NT

Timothy Phan tphan@asl.dl.nec.com
Tue Feb 25 07:47:00 GMT 1997

Hi Larry,

  Thank for the information.  Can you tell me how to mount the
  file system as binary?  All my file system were mounted with
  default setting which I do not what they were.

  Secondly,  I did not change any single line of code in the
  sharutil and mpack1.5 because I thought one of NT-WIN32 goals
  was to build the GNU source without modification to the main
  source code!

Larry Hall wrote:
:>Hi,
:>
:>  I've downloaded the source for GNU sharutils-4.2.tar.gz and
:>  built.  The build went fine without any problem.  However,
:>  when I test the uudecode/uuencode on  a binary file and
:>  found out that it could NOT encode/decode any uu to/from
:>  binary file.
:>
:>  Similarly,  I build the mpack for mime and it build OK but again,
:>  it did not seem to be able to decode the mimed file correctly.
:>
:>  Any idea?
:>
:
:Did you mount the file system as binary or change all fopens to include
:"b"?  Without one of these two things, all reads and writes will be ASCII.
:
:Larry
:

--