install

Magnus Baeck baeck@swipnet.se
Sun Dec 28 14:33:00 GMT 1997

At 20:57 1997-12-27 -0500, you wrote:
>I still have questions about the 1) /tmp how and where do I apply this? I
>made a set tmp=J:\Temp in the auto exec.bat.

That won't do, /tmp is referring to the directory \tmp which doesn't exist.
Either create it, or mount your temporary directory as /tmp;

mount j:\temp /tmp

The mount command without parameters will show what directories you have
mounted.

>3) what is bin/sh and how to create it and add sh.exe to it?

Mount your GNU-Win32 bin-directory (normally
\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin) as /bin just like with the temporary
directory.