Mixed mounting doesn't seem to work

Russell K Montgomery russellm@iName.com
Sun Dec 14 21:21:00 GMT 1997

I have installed CDK.EXE (B18) and Coolview on Windows 95B.  I would
prefer to work in "mixed mode" because of several scripts that I have brought
over from a SCO machine that uses the same name but with differently capitalized
filenames.

I have modified all mount points to be both mixed and binary.
mount outputs the following information:
Device
Directory           Type
Flags
G:\emacs-19.34   /emacs
native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1
native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0
native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\b:
/dev/fd1
native      mixed,text=binary
\\.\a:
/dev/fd0
native      mixed,text=binary
G:\GNU-Win-32    /
native      mixed,text=binary

The basic method I used to validate if it is working is:
bash.exe-2.01$ echo "HELLO" > test
bash.exe-2.01$ echo "Hi" > Test
bash.exe-2.01$ ls -l
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone
3 Dec 14 23:18 test

If someone could provide any input or is successfully using "Mixed"
mounting I would appreciate any feedback you could offer.

----
Russell Montgomery
Austin, TX, USA