More on getting coolview-bash to work with emacs

Sergey Okhapkin sos@prospect.com.ru
Tue Dec 9 23:12:00 GMT 1997

Jason Zions wrote:
> Cygwin has multiple goals; while "Unix on NT" is one of them, it appears
> to be of less importance than the others: a free development environment
> for Win32, a way of getting more tools more rapidly into the Win32
> world, etc. In meeting those goals, supporting the Win32 line-ending of
> \r\n is relatively important. Folks living in the Win32 world don't want
> to give up Win32 tools that operate on text files; because of that, they
> need cygwin to deal properly with \r\n-style text files.

I live in Win32 world too, but why I never needed \r in line separators?-)
The file management/editing tools I use works with bot types of line
separators, moreover, the editor preserves original line separators on file
saving.

The only file I have to have with CRLF is NT's boot.ini - ntldr just traps
if the file contains single \n as line separators :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-