Broken .exe files?

Kevin Hughes kh@wg.icl.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 05:15:00 GMT 1997

Some time ago I sent a request to the group regarding broken .exe files being produced by the gnu compiler.
I am still stuck and would appreciate help in tracking the problem down.

The system I have produces a large .exe file - around 6 meg. The major part of this is a library which it  links with
As a standard libxxx.a file. When I try to run it I get an error indicating something wrong with the executable.
It is not specific - error 0.
The file is not a valid executable. If I strip the executable it shrinks and becomes perfectly well behaved.

I am really confused.

Is there any way of checking the executable?
Has anyone else experienced this?
Would building a dll for the library and dynamically loading it help?

All suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kevin

Kevin

-