Feedback needed on proposed cygwin feature

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:23:00 GMT 1997

>From: Chris Faylor <cgf@bbc.com>
>Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 17:46:58 -0500 (EST)
>To: jazz@softway.com
>Subject: Re: Feedback needed on proposed cygwin feature
>Cc: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>
>>> Extended attributes are not an option for Windows 95, however.
>>
>>Didn't Sergey's Coolview extensions provide a mechanism for storing
>>extended attributes on FAT filesystems and under Win95? Or am I
>>misremembering things?
>
>Just under Windows NT, I think.
>
>I do remember that people using FAT on Windows NT complained because
>cygwin was creating a large file to hold the extended attributes, also.
>That may be another mark against using them.

Yes, the file grew to be about 150M before I found out what was eating
up the disk space.  I removed the coolview patches on my Windows NT but
now use the latest coolview on my W95.  My WinNT has a FAT mount.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------