Getting bash working under Emacs

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 05:09:00 GMT 1997

I'm not claiming this will work but it is worth a try.  In a memo from
Chris Faylor taking a vote for some modifications he mentions some
environment variable switches two of which were CYGWIN_BINMODE and
CYGWIN_NOBINMODE.  I suggest for your emacs experiment to set
CYGWIN_NOBINMODE=1 before calling emacs.  Note that you will have needed
to install Sergey's patches for this to work.

What do you think Chris,  would this allow bash to interpret the ^M from
emacs as part of the line termination?  What would the other side
effects be from CYGWIN_NOBINMODE being set on?

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------