patch - strange behaviour

wbach@iicm.tu-graz.acdot wbach@iicm.tu-graz.acdot
Thu Aug 7 12:41:00 GMT 1997

Hi gnuwinners,

I've tried to apply Mumit Khan's patches to b18 and experienced very strage
behaviour of patch:

patch aborts a after some patches, typically a few files, with the message
"Assertion hunk failed ..." (don't remember exact wording).

If I split the patch file into seven parts, I can apply the separate patch
files without problems. I can live with that, but it's inconvenient.

Has anyone got an idea what's going on?

TIA.

Cheers, Wolfgang

<exhaustive signature stripped to save bandwidth>

-