X, backingstore and opengl
Sat Nov 29 14:05:00 GMT 2008
Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I agree with all BUT NOT with THIS:
>> 1.5.3-4 +bs ok (redrawing of area under menus is messed up)
> In my case (hsimple.C test)
> 1.5.3-4 +bs GIVES server segfault
> Are you sure you have started 1.5.3-4 with '+bs'?
> Indeed I have verified that '1.5.3-4 +bs' works fine in redrawing the
> overlapped area (I have done this with another application, PAW from
> Perhaps you have just started 1.5.3-4 thinking you have added +bs, but
> really omitting it.
> May you retry?
Ok, I've tried this and a few other things an I can't reproduce this, so I'd
like your help to get a backtrace if you are willing:
1. Download http://www.dronecode.org.uk/cygwin/XWin.exe.bz2
(this is a build of XWin with debugging symbols)
2. bunzip2.exe XWin.exe.bz2
3. export CYGWIN="$CYGWIN error_start=gdb -nw %1 %2"
4. ./XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard +bs
5. Do what ever you do to reproduce the problem
6. When a gdb window pops up, wait for the (gdb) prompt, then "thread apply
all bt full"
7. Mail me the output
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
More information about the Cygwin-xfree