cygwin-xfree Digest 16 Oct 2004 01:22:57 -0000 Issue 1568

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Oct 16 11:48:00 GMT 2004

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

> > > cygwin1!__getreent
> > > KERNEL32!IsBadWritePtr
> >
> > This is normal -- this is the way Cygwin (newlib?) tests pointers.  Just
> > continue from that point.  I think there are two or three of those in the
> > normal initialization sequence.
>
> After doing this 50 times, it got boring and I gave up.
>
> Last time I debugged XFree86, I didn't have this problem(or maybe once
> or twice).
>
> How many times should I have to endure this requester under normal
> circumstances?
>
> Perhaps something is actually wrong?

Are you running XWin from a network share? I've noticed a massive increase of
the segfaults if XWin.exe was located on a mounted samba share

bye
        ago

NP: [:SITD:] - Atomic
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723