XWin listens on too many TCP ports and killing existing connections.

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue May 25 07:13:00 GMT 2004

Caphe Noir wrote:

> Ago -
>
> Interesting.  I'm running Nortel Contivity VPN client
> so it's possible that
> the parts of the TCP/IP stack was replaced.  Is there
> a way to replace the
> TCP/IP stack to original?  Reinstall Winsock2?

I don't know. Maybe it's not replaced dlls but additional kernel
level drivers which get disabled if the VPN software is unistalled.

> My other question is whether XWin spawning a new
> connect every second is
> normal?

No. Have you tried the 3 variants to start XWin I posted? Maybe
this will give a clue if the clipboard or multiwindow thread is
not connecting properly and tries a new connection whenever the
connection breaks and thus allocating new connections every few
seconds.

bye
    ago
NP: Allied Vision - Coaxial Hardware