Cygwin/X11 forwarding ques.
Sat Apr 3 15:52:00 GMT 2004
Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> There have been ideas to implement this with mirror video adapter drivers
> like utravnc uses them or with the x11drv from wine. But the last time i
> looked into it (esp. the wine x11drv driver) i found it nearly impossible
> to build it without spending a half live on it.
Yet another status update:
- UltraVNC Hook DLL is closed source and even the binary must be used with
- The SetDDIHook function which was mentioned several times on the WinVNC
mailinglist is vanisched from MSDN.
- The Screen Drawing Data Pump (SDDP) which was mentioned as a successor to
SetDDIHook is not documented by Microsoft either. It was part of the MSAM
(Microsoft Accessibility Methods) and i could not find any references and
working links to documentation.
- UltraVNC has mentioned some other VNC products which use a less advanced
hooking mechanism then UltraVNC but this is still worth a try (if it is
- Windows Longhorn will drop the old device drivers and use only DirectDraw.
I guess with this change a new framework for hooking screen drawing is also
- Building a new device driver which uses a lot of functions from x11drv
from wine will most likely be the best aproach.
If anybody has more information about these topics I'd be glad to receive
NP: Velvet Acid Christ - Haunted
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723
More information about the Cygwin-xfree