Sun Jan 20 23:01:00 GMT 2002
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Hourihane" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 11:22 AM
Subject: XFree86 4.2.0
> XFree86 4.2.0 has been tagged and the binaries are showing up on
> ftp.xfree86.org now.
> Are we bothering with a distribution as per the normal XFree86
> or is anyone working on distributing XFree86 4.2.0 via the setup.exe
> mechanism ?
All that should be needed (as a starting point) for a setup.exe based
distribution (if your current tarballs are rooted at / ) is to
* Create a src package(s) as appropriate. You can have one for all the
* Rename any hardcoded config files that users might change to
foo.default or similar.
* If you've got scripts to do post-extraction tasks, such as create
desktop icons or the like, place them in /etc/postinstall/packagename.sh
* Create setup.hint files - one per .tar.gz|bz2/
* Check with http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html to see if anything has
(*) via a little trickery.
More information about the Cygwin-xfree