DDD fails with missing "libICE.dll"
Tue Sep 11 11:49:00 GMT 2001
I don't know whether this is a DDD issue, or some sort of Cygwin-XFree
issue, but I'm inclined to think it's the latter.
I'm using Cygwin 1.3.2. I installed the latest Cygwin-XFree binary. I
downloaded, built, and installed the latest LessTif. I downloaded, built,
and installed the latest DDD.
When I run DDD, I get an error dialog saying it was unable to find
Looking at the DDD build output, I see it was linking with "-lICE", and I
assume it got the "libICE.a" in "/usr/X11R6/lib".
When I do an "objdump -p ddd/ddd.exe", it gives me the following (among
DLL Name: libICE.dll
vma: Hint/Ord Member-Name
48fe48 9 IceConnectionNumber
48fe60 30 IceProcessMessages
The Import Address Table is identical
I verified that "IceConnectionNumber" and "IceProcessMessages" were symbols
in the archive file.
I did do a mailing list search for this, but I didn't find anything.
More information about the Cygwin-xfree