earlier gcc version installation

Jyh-Shyong Ho 9003101@nchc.narl.org.tw
Thu May 21 14:39:00 GMT 2015

Dear Cygwin users,

I have a program which I compiled with gcc/gfortran in a Cygwin/CygwinX
environment several years ago, however, I am not able to build the same
program with the gcc/gfortran (4.9.2) in the latest version of
Cgywin/CygwinX.  I tried to install the older version of gcc/gfortran
(4.6.x) on the current Cygwin/CugwinX so I can build my program again,
but I have not been successful.

I wonder if it is possible to build an older version of gcc on the
current Cygwin environment?  Installing version 5.1.0 of gcc on the
current Cygwin seems OK.

Regards

Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Center for High Performance Computing
Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC