On why bottom posting....

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Fri May 9 00:48:00 GMT 2014

Now I get why these people⃰⁽¹⁾ have so much of an issue
with top posting.  From this⃰⁽²⁾, I can see they are really
thinking of and expecting email to look like a chat-log or
irc-transcript.

They don't realize that some people use email to write
documents that include historical data for context.  But
like most good sources, will put the historical context information
at the end in an appendix.

Now if we can just get the bottom-posters to realize that by posting
the footnotes, historical data, and duplicate info at the top
of the document, they are more likely to lose the reader who is
only scanning the first half the page.

---Endnotes---

⃰⁽¹⁾ - Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
       Larry