New Cygwin release

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Sun May 27 03:35:00 GMT 2012

David Eisner sent the following at Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:35 PM
>> Earnie's observations were spot on.  As a project maintainer himself he
>> knows what a waste of bandwidth these messages are.  If his message will
>> make someone think twice before sending something a similar "why don't
>> you do your job" message then that's a good thing.
>
>I'm reading between the lines, but are you of the opinion that the
>hostile tone is a helpful way to keep users from sending such messages
>in the future?

It's my fault.  I mentioned that Chris seemed to have mellowed so one might
have expected that he might try to prove otherwise.  But it still not to
the old standard.  (Sorry, Chris.)

The advantage of WJM is that people who are paying attention and want to
avoid flames take care to be respectful, thankful, and avoid being
presumptuous.  That is certainly what I've tried to do.

- Barry
  Disclaimer:  Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.