Proposal to cygwin.com

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Tue Oct 18 13:30:00 GMT 2011

Jon Clugston sent the following at Monday, October 17, 2011 7:30 PM
>On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Abigail Cox <abigail.cox333@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> My name is Abigail Cox and I was wondering if you are interested in exchange links, I'll place your link on my sites exactly here:
>
>What the hell are these e-mails?

I think that some web search engines* rank sites based on how many links to a page are on other web sites.  Exchanging links would move one up the results page.

* I believe that Google's original algorithm was based on that - I don't know what they do now.

- Barry