Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?

Wed May 11 15:55:00 GMT 2011

On 5/11/2011 11:36 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:02:40AM -0400, Edward Lam wrote:
>> Personally, when I first ran into this problem, I never realized that
>> CYGWIN=tty would fix it. I did notice that there was a change in the
>> behavior between Cygwin B20 and the Cygwin 1.X releases but I only
>> realize now that this was probably the reason.
>
> Ding, ding ding!
>
> A B20 reference!  B20 was da bomb!

I realize this is sacrilege, but...somewhere in my archives I have an
old copy of full.exe from B20.1 (as well as the ancient cygutils add-on
packages; while the webpages for B20-era cygutils still exist at
http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/OBSOLETE/B20/index.html, the tarballs do
not.  I still have 'em somewhere...)

I ought to install it on XP or Vista and see just how awful it really
is, compared to modern versions. [/bad sacrilegious Chuck. No cookie!]

--
Chuck