Cygwin (1.7.8 and other versions) problems with globbing when invoked from DOS/Windows with nested quotes

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Sat Mar 19 16:43:00 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:47:12PM -0400, David Boyce wrote:
>       Good news! Make now has native support for Cygwin sh. To enable,
>       define the HAVE_CYGWIN_SHELL in config.h and rebuild make
>       from scratch. This version of make tested with B20.1 of Cygwin.
>       Do not define BATCH_MODE_ONLY_SHELL if you use HAVE_CYGWIN_SHELL.

I was wrong.  1.5 is not the new B20.  B20 is.  Or, as Gertrude Stein might
have said, "B20 is B20 is B20".

B20 - the release that will live forever.  Because, try as one might, it
cannot be killed.  Even by driving a wooden sake through its heart.

- Barry