[Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]

Thu Jan 21 07:07:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 05:03:20AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 21/01/2010 03:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Congratulations, Dave! Well deserved.
>
>  Heh, so, I "deserve" a bunch of extra responsibility and unpaid work?  It's
>a burden, not an enjoyably-abusable source of arbitrary executive power!(*)
>Hell, I don't think I can even use it to impress the girls :-P

You're right.  I can state with great assurance that my wife is not
impressed in the least by any of my maintainership duties.

The dog, on the other hand is very impressed.  But, then, he's impressed
by the fact that I can so easily hide the ball so that's not as big a
deal as it sounds.  Actually, now that I think of it, if I'm just doing
this for the dog then I should just stick with the ball and cut out all
of the extra work...

cgf