GCC4, new package soon?

Fri Aug 14 20:26:00 GMT 2009

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 04:01:46PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> [snip]
>> There are a ton of things wrong with this behavior, but it is what it is
>> -- and somehow we need to work around it, until libtool is "fixed".
>> Whatever "fixed" means.
>
>   find / -name 'libtool*' -o -name 'lt*' | xargs rm

Ouch. Harsh.

At the risk of having a technical discussion on the talk list, I wonder
what the ramifications would be of just not shipping .la files for the
gcc runtime libs?  It's possible that this would "trick" libtool into
just recording -lstdc++ etc, instead of canonicalizing to
/full/path/to/libstdc++.la.

Just a thought.

--
Chuck