WCONTINUED/WIFCONTINUED

Mon Jul 13 03:07:00 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 08:26:26PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Christopher Faylor on 7/10/2009 10:20 AM:
>>I should be able to implement this.  It shouldn't be too hard*.
>
>What - implementing WIFCONTINUED from scratch is easier than fixing a
>regression in named pipes?
>
>To be honest, you deserve a world of thanks for whatever you can manage
>to get working, in spite of the difficulties in dealing with
>microsoft's arbitrary changes across windows versions.  Take as much
>time as you need to get it right!

As I'm sure you know, implementing WIFCONTINUED is MUCH easier than
named pipes because the implementation is entirely Cygwin.

I haven't been idle on the named pipe front but everything I've tried so
far has worked imperfectly.  I started using Windows named pipes because
I thought it simplified fifo handling a lot.  It's looking now like I
may have to invent some kind of interprocess handshaking to make them
work right but I really really don't want to do that unless I really
really have to.

Thanks for the thanks.

cgf