setup.exe --quiet-mode

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 11 16:08:00 GMT 2008

Phil Betts wrote:
> [...] this is
> Windowsland where rebooting is a way of life; even Windows'
> programmers never expected uptime to exceed 2^32 milliseconds.

(That's approximately 49 days for those too lazy to whip out a
calculator. Which is pretty sad ;-).)

I'd actually be quite shocked if I don't have some Windows boxes around
that have exceeded that (at least since NT5). I think I've kept my home
computer up longer (back when it ran W2K), and likely some lab machines
around work (which, granted, never have software or updates installed,
so no reason to reboot).

Of course, my Linux gateway at home says:
$ uptime
  11:06:30 up 99 days, 13:35,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.05

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly