Symlink resolving

Wed Aug 27 02:26:00 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:53:38PM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>>   Oh, and please!  Don't send empty replies to spam posts.  That's really
>> irritating.
>
> Actually, it looks like he tried to fulfill the request (it doesn't look
> like what I would consider "spam"; it looks like an anti-spam some
> subscriber set up and forgot to add an exception for mailing lists, like
> those annoying out-of-office replies I see occasionally). With luck, it
> worked and cygwin AT cygwin.com is now whitelisted, such that we will never
> see that particular verification request again.

I tend to try to block any verification report like that from ever showing
up again actually.

We had a big hit of spam today because some evil person used cygwin and
cygwin-xfree as From: addresses and the response swamped sourceware.org
until I noticed it.  There was also a big hit in normal spam which
might have been due to spamassassin timing out under the load.

cgf