"net use" (and "net config")

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 9 01:20:00 GMT 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:
>> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR
>
> I'm not useing a "Mailer", and I don't send "Replies".
>
> I use a news reader and post followups via gmane (a publically
> accessible NNTP server).  Your email address is in the post in
> the clear, so I don't see how my not quoting it is going to
> make any difference, but I'll not do it in the future.

While it's true gmane.os.cygwin's nntp shows addresses "in the raw", the
web interface does not, and apparently we aren't concerned about people
snarfing from nntp servers (at least, not yet).

However, your newsreader is still dropping the address into the body of
your replies, at which point it gets propagated to umpteen web archives
where it *is* "in the raw", which we don't like. So, I'll reiterate:
PCYNTNQREAIYR (s/mailer/newsreader). Er, and... it's still a "reply" on
nntp.

(Cygwin folks, OLOCA maintainer a.k.a. Igor especially: maybe we should
add "-slash-newsreader" to PCYMTNQREAIYR?)

--
Matthew
I sure hope they never make a hearse out of a Honda Element. I wouldn't