Updated: cygwin-1.5.25-5

Robert Pendell shinji+gmane@elite-systems.org
Tue Dec 11 16:02:00 GMT 2007

Mike Marchywka wrote:
>> I don't understand what you mean. Using> on the command line or
>> opening the file by using some option of the tool has both nothing to do
>> with console output. In both cases a file is opened. The only
>
> I didn't give it a lot of additional thought, I just stopped using ">" (  when
> I have significant amounts of output ) a while ago
> and assumed it had something to do with buffering- I have no idea
> what is going on once I call "<<" and I never did a version by version test.
> Similarly, I essentially stopped using std::string since for most of what
> I did it was easier to do a block read anyway.
> I'm simply pointing out that the details appear to matter and, as you
> request, a test case would help but the gprof output could point to
> some surprising suspects.

o.O  Don't know why he can't provide a test case.  You always want a
reproducable test case that way you can see if the issue is resolved
properly.  The bug report is linked to applies to debian linux and not
cygwin.  There is a small difference between the two.  Cygwin != Linux.
Oh and that bug report is 3 years old.

*sip*