Will a program run without blocking gui thread?

Mike Marchywka marchywka@hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 16:23:00 GMT 2007

I've been spamming the boost list with a problem apparently linked to a
cygwin
g++ version. Then someone over there posted this question,

>locked by another thread, can you show me additional example about how
>to let a thread immediately exit when it found a mutex object is being
>used?  i mean that one of thread in our application is actually the
>GUI main thread, it will access the shared data in it's OnIdel event
>handler, so i hope it will be never blocked, when resources are not

Can anyone tell me if a GUI will run WITHOUT someone able to block
the "main thread" waiting for a non-existent lock? I thought this
was a requirement. ROFLMAO.