Next time I hear some curmudgeonly old git ...

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Jul 10 18:28:00 GMT 2007

On 10 July 2007 19:25, Dave Korn wrote:

  Oh, and BTW:

> They contacted the centre when they came across the field of cows and
> coastguard, police and ambulance crews were sent to the scene, a
> Hertfordshire County Council spokeswoman said.

  Anyone not familiar with rural English accents might not understand why they
called out the coastguard to some people in the middle of a field on dry land,
but in a rather broad Hertfordshire accent, "coastguard" /would/ be pronounced
somewhat like "cowstgaard" ....

    cheers,
      DaveK