is there any support for stuffit ?

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue May 29 18:41:00 GMT 2007

On 29 May 2007 19:06, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2007, Mike Marchywka wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just got a sit file and didn't know if there is any support for this.
>> Do I have to go download the mfg's free trial or is there a cygwin
>> tool for this?
>
> I'm half-tempted to release a Cygwin:stuffit package that doesn't do
> anything (with just "WJM" in the README)... :-)
>
> SCNR.
> 	Igor

  ROFL!  I just went to the stuffit expander web page, and one of the
aaaaamazing new features they're hyping is

" Losslessly compress JPEG files with no loss in quality"

  Well, yeh, I understand it's /technically/ true, but they should really say

" Losslessly compress JPEG files with no *more* loss in quality than the
massive loss in quality that you got by converting them to JPEGs in the first
place ... "

    cheers,
      DaveK